Because I can't resist a book meme:
1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?
Paperback. They're cheaper so I can have more.
2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…
Avid. It would sell teen books and comics and unusual candy, and have big couches.
3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…
One key to happiness is frequent small treats.
-- Iris Murdoch, The Sea, The Sea
4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be ….
Joe Orton would be a fun lunch date, I think.
But last week I had lunch with Sarah Mlynowski, Cassie Clare and Maureen Johnson – and it was pretty boffo.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except the SAS survival guide, it would be…
written by Charles Dickens.
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that….
Turned the light out automatically when I've fallen asleep reading.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of….
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be….
I think I might quite like to be Stephanie Plum in Janice Evanovitch's One for the Money series. That girl has a very good time.
9. The most overestimated book of all time is….
Well, I fell asleep reading Gravity'sRainbow so many times I never found out whether I estimate it highly or not.
10. I hate it when a book…
idealizes female passivity.