Sometimes I ask fellow authors to come answer ten questions on my blog. Sarah Mlynowski & Sara Zarr both did it recently. Before that I used to do the Dramarama interviews, and author boyfriend lists and I had a Fly on the Wall survey I did as well.
Those links are chock full of Q&As with your favorite authors.
Anyway. Tara Altebrando's new book is The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life and she is awesome. Here is all the dirt she cared to share!
1. Where are you from? Tell me a bit of local slang. (I love local slang.)
I hail from Staten Island, New York. Back in the day, if you were sort of regularly kissing a guy, you were "going with" him.
2. Favorite snack while writing?
Balance Bar. But only the Yogurt Honey Peanut–flavored kind.
3. Favorite swear word?
I like fake swear words like "frak" from Battlestar Gallactica and Irish ones like "feck." As in, "Oh, would you feck off!"
4. Tell me a book that gave you nightmares.
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Still count it among my favorites of all time, though.Tell me a sentence from your new book.
"The Yeti knows about Google!"
6. A great teen book you read recently.
And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky. Love-love-loved it.
7. A word of dating wisdom.
8. Tell me something embarrassing about yourself.
Until recently, I thought Stonehenge was in Scotland.
9. What made you laugh this week?
iCarly. I'm sorry, man, but Spencer is FUNNY.
10. Give me the movie pitch version of Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life -- ie. Jaws meets Great Expectations.
The Breakfast Club meets Midnight Madness.
I love that the Yeti knows about Google. You have to want to read a book with that sentence in it, right?