Three jobs I have had in my life:
1. aerobics instructor (yes. me. for many years, in fact)
2. Birkenstock salesgirl (a featured job in my next book! The Treasure Map of Boys)
3. college teacher
Three places I have lived:
1. tiny tiny dorm room
2. scary Kentish town flat in London where I would wake up in the morning Saturdays because the landlord was standing over my bed asking for the week's rent
Three TV Shows That I Watch
1. Mad Men
2. that's it. Mad Men.
3. sorry. I only watch Mad Men. And that's on DVD, so I'm not even au courant.
Three Places I Have Been
1. sensory deprivation tank
2. freak show
3. floating in the Colorado river in the middle of the Grand Canyon
oh, you mean PLACES
1. Grand Cayman
Three People Who Email Me Regularly
1. Lauren (her book comes out any day now! Read it if you dare)
2. Heather (btw, she took my author photo and made me look way foxier than I am in person. She could do that for you, too, if you're in the NYC area!)
3. Maureen (her emailz is very funnee)
Three of My Favorite Foods
2. Homemade cranberry loaf cake
3. Cheese Nips (superior, IMHO, to all other salty cheesy cracker things)
Three People I Think Will Respond
1. Maybe Ally? She could do a mini-blog.
2. Maybe John? Sometimes he is a sucker for a meme.
Three Things I am Looking Forward To
1. Finally being settled in my new place
2. Fall. I love that start of school feeling, even though I'm not starting school
3. Taking a hot shower and then reading Terry Pratchett. (I have never read him until now! But I plunged into a late Discworld novel and I do think maybe I am missing some things…)
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
Are you 18 yet? Are you REGISTERED TO VOTE? Because seriously, seriously, you should vote. Let your voice be heard. If you are not registered, do it today.There are huge populations of us (women, people of color) who could not vote for huge parts of our nation's history. Let's use our right, now that we have it.
Me, I'm for Obama. But vote no matter how you're thinking. This is an important election coming up.