1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? I swam with a large number of enormous sting-rays. I visited a nativity garden.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I completely forget what my resolution was. My resolution is to give more money to charity.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. Welcome, baby Lily! and baby Gwyneth!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? The British West Indies. Oh, and I spent a surprising amount of time on Planet Hotel Gaylord.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Spare time, alone.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None. I have no memory for dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I improved my health in a number of ways. I supported my family with my writing. I was actively kind.
9. What was your biggest failure? I have a couple work projects that seem to be failing. There is a person I love that I am trying to reach out to -- and it doesn't seem to be working well.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No injury, only minor illness.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hm. I am very pleased I bought ingredients for all those Christmas cookies. This was a banner year for baking.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I'll just say this: everyone, wear your panties.
14. Where did most of your money go? To the tax man. Then to medical insurance. Self-employment ain't a peach.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Making the Dramarama iMix. I geeked out on that one.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? London Bridge, by Fergie.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier
- richer or poorer? richer
- thinner or fatter? thinner
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? More nothing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? 2000-word days. They were unavoidable, but they make me physically sick.
20. How did you spend the holidays? On a lush Carribbean beach. Really! But I also baked enough cookies for 30 people and made latkes for 18.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Every day.
22. How many one-night stands? Oh, shush.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Entourage.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I am not full of hate, actually.
25. What was the best book you read? I discovered forensic mystery writer Patricia Cornwell. Not for the faint of heart. The best YA books I read were An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty.
26. What was your favorite film of this year? It was an off-year, so I am just gonna recommend one I still love: Truly, Madly, Deeply.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Librarian Amazon.
28 Whom did you miss? My lovely old ladies.
29. Who was the best new person you met? Cecil Castelluci.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006? Let it go.