Gacked from Literaticat. Another narcissistic meme, oh how I love them.
1. What's your middle name?:
I keep it secret, but I bet you can guess.
2. Is your cell phone a flip phone?
No cell phone. No flippage. Bah!
3. Have you ever been to New Jersey?:
Of course. Many exits.
4. What's your favorite soda?:
Stewarts Diet Root Beer.
5. Do you have satellite?
Not even cable.
6. Where did you go to college?
Vassar and Columbia.
7. What's the longest road trip you've been on?
I drove New York to Chicago, to Detroit (for romance, I know it's the other direction) to Kansas City to Chicago again, all by myself with NO CAR RADIO.
8. Did you go to a private school?
More than one. But I also went to public.
9. What's your favorite smiley?
I am irritated by the smileys.
10. Do you buy lottery tickets in hopes of winning?
11. What year were you born in?
I am older than you, let's put it that way.
12. Do you like the smell of Sharpies?
I do not smell my ink.
13. What does your screensaver look like?:
14. Do you have an iPod?:
Yes, I am very devoted to it.
15. What's your biggest pet peeve?
16. What shoe size do you wear?:
8, but a 7 in an open-toed sandal.
17. What's your favorite kind of cereal?:
Quaker 100% Natural. But it is basically candy in a box, so I stick with something a little less exciting.
18. Do you ever listen to Classical music?
Rarely. Some Nutcracker was forced upon me the other day.
19. What kind of instruments do you play?
Kazoo. Fourth-grade level piano on the neighbor's out-of-tune upright. Triangle. Egg shakers. Xylophone.
20. Do you like Girl Scout cookies?
This is New York City, baby. I have not laid eyes on a Scout of either sex since I got here in 1990.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes, but not a really posh one.
22. Do you like Hummers?
I admit, I like big cars when I am driving. But in principle, I am opposed.
24. Are you scared of horses?
No. They have soft noses.
25. Do you like milk chocolate or dark chocolate?:
I was raised to think dark was the only way to go, but as an adult I confess that it is the milk chocolate Toblerone that I love.
26. Do you wear glasses?:
27. Does it annoy you when people misspell things?:
Very much. Except in emails.
28. Do you like the beach or the mountains:
29. Have you ever taken cough medicine when you didn't have a cough?:
30. Have you ever been to band camp?
Does musical theater camp count? Lots of musical theater camp.
31. Do you know any guys with a receding hair line?
If you knew my year of birth, it would be easy to guess that I know many.
32. Do you know what Chacos are?
No, but I have Google. They are an outdoor sport sandal. Also a football player and his family. http://www.chacousa.com/
33. Do you own a Nalgene?
No. I had to google that one, too.
34. Have you ever watched Room Raiders on MTV?:
I rarely watch TV.
35. What's the best Christmas present you've ever got?:
36. What's your favorite Popsicle flavor?:
I don't care much about a popsicle. I go for the Toasted Almond. If popsicles are really the only choice, probably a coconut Froz Fruit. Basically, if it's frozen and has no fat, I'd just as soon skip it.
37. Did your parents give you an allowance?:
I had a clothing allowance in high school – a certain amount per month to budget for clothes, movies, bus fare, all that.
38. Did you ever watch Rugrats when you were little?:
I watched the Electric Company and Mr. Rogers.
39. How many myspace groups have you joined?:
Two: Teen Lit and the Charles Dickens Appreciation Society.
40. What do you think of standardized tests?:
I weirdly enjoy taking them. Obsession with them is ruining a lot of otherwise decent public schools.
41. What's the craziest thing you have ever done?
I don't want to admit it.
42. Have you ever cheated on a test?:
Not since 8th grade, but yes.
43. Is tomorrow your birthday?:
44. Have you ever choked on your own spit?
45. Do you like roller coasters?:
Yes, very much. But not to ride, anymore. I used to love to ride them. Now I just love how they look.
46. When was the last time you went roller blading?
I have never gone and do not want to. Roller skating, that's another story.
47. Have you ever wished you had a twin?:
I have never wished this, ever.
48. Do you have a caffeine addiction?:
49. Do you get claustrophobic easily?:
50. Would you ever kiss on the first date?:
I would, but I am a big grown-up and very experienced.